Tuesday, 22 May 2007

i have my house back

TV 3

I am so loving this week. I have my house all to myself (well except the kids, but they’re easily locked away :-) ).

Yes, MIL flew back to England on Sunday afternoon and hubby left for Sydney on Sunday morning (early) for his studies and I am just loving the peace and quiet. I have spent the last two days updating my New Zealand Genealogy site and adding all of the new entries I have received in the last year, since I last updated, and have been watching hour after hour of the latest Australian Biggest Loser (I call it homework - my studies while hubby is doing his). Just had the fourth weigh-in, these guys seem to slog their guts out exercising all week but the kilo’s seem small (3 – 4), maybe it’s all the muscle as one of the girls was 96 kg and said she was in a size 12 skirt.
I am tossing up whether to attempt to put the elliptical trainer together (and get cracking) or wait for hubby to get back at the weekend…I don’t have time tonight but I’ll see if I have the time tomorrow.
I had a fat day today, felt so bloated and yuk but knowing TOM was around the corner I wasn’t too concerned. The scales didn’t reflect the feeling either so that helped write it off. I don’t really ever remeber noticing this feeling at this time of the month before, maybe because I always felt fat that I never noticed it.

Jordyn has gone off to Brownies for the first time tonight, she just hasn’t shut up about it all week…I hope she enjoys it, although not to keen on the thought of being parent help, I wished Jordyn’s kindy days away cause I just hated that so much. Looking forward to picking her up though so I can get my warm jammies on and settle in for the evening.

Got my new phone all up and going on Sunday afternoon, lovely, still haven’t had any time to read the manual yet so am just doing the basics for now…am hoping to get reading really soon.

I had a yummy dinner tonight of steak, pepper sauce, roast vegetables (kumara, potato & pumpkin)…and corn on the cob. I had the same last night and it was lovely. Had sushi for lunch today and a stinky headache all day even the nurofen couldn't shake it off, and then had to waste an hour of my work time in a waste of time meeting about our new system which is crap and not working properly...made my headache worst listening to all the moans and complaints...I am so lucky that I don't have too much to do with it at this stage, my work is only just beginning to flow in, but slowly thankfully.

OMG, I read an article today about a baby born in Poland – 7 kg and 66 cm long (half the length of his mother).

4 comments:

Chris H said...

Bliss having the house almost all to yourself! That is one huge baby (Polish one!), my biggest was 4.88kgs ()10.12pounds) and 58 cm long and I thought that was bad enough! Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Rachel said...

Great to hear you have the house back to yourself, did you say your MIL was there for 6 months????
I love my MIL but I don't think I could have handled that length of time.

I can't wait for the Aussie biggest loser to start showing on TV, how come you are watching it? Do you have someone in Aussie taping it for you???

The sizing in Australia is one smaller than here (ie. size 16 here is a size 14 in OZ).

I had a giggle at you having your new phone up and running Sunday afternoon, had MIL even left the airport.......LOL

Thanks for that spreadsheet, I have only glanced at it but it looks great.

Chubbymum said...

OMG 7kg baby NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Ouch

Woohooo on having the house to yourself... such bliss.

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Lyn said...

I must say you have done the most amazing job of having someone stay with you for that long and not going out of your mind!!

We had my Brother in law, girlfriend and their kid stay for 3mths with us and went barmey!! Nothing to do with him, just the fact of having others stay for such a long time.

And I think you are right about not noticing TTOM till after losing a bit, I'm the same, didn't notice it before now I do.