Monday, 7 May 2007

my big baby is 9 today


I have made it into work today but not sure how much of a productive day it will be, I am shattered.

Saturday we had Connor’s sleepover birthday party. We took him and two friends out to Laser Tag & Go Karting, after that we headed off to see Spiderman 3 (yes, I did succumb to a little popcorn, I just can’t help myself with that stuff), we had the boys sit in the row in front of us and because of the new theatre it was like we were there by ourselves, we couldn’t even see their little heads in front or hear a word they said. The movie itself, well not really my cup of tea and hubby hated it, said it was the biggest pile of c**p he had seen in ages but the 9 year olds seemed to enjoy it and that is the main thing.
After the movies we went through Burger King drive through and got them some dinner and then home to our own dinner and they spent the evening watching telly, and sometime close to midnight they finally went off to sleep.
Sunday morning then started at around 7.30am when they all woke up and couldn’t have been noisier if they tried. They came downstairs had some ice-cream cake for breakfast and played on the x-box until it was time to take them home. The morning seemed to take sooooo long to get through, especially after I decided to go out shopping once I had dropped them all off at home to get a few things (some PJj’s for me mainly) and had a cruisy afternoon out wandering (well I wasn’t in any hurry to get back home).
And so last night was spent get the last few presents all ready for today, he has unwrapped most of his presents except the main one which he will get tonight (I have to go home and wrap it after work). His birthday dinner he has chosen Burger King again, which is good as that leaves no temptation for us (usually we have a family birthday dinner). I brought a small chocolate cake for him tonight, just big enough for the two kids to a piece each tonight and some for school tomorrow (considering we have to do it all over again on Wednesday).

Also on Saturday we had a school gala, which thankfully the weather stayed fine for, great opportunity to spend lots of money…they have an auction and as it was we won three things so I now owe the school over $300…but we did get some good bargains.

  • A WOF, with oil change, valued at $145 for $115.00, and great timing as hubby’s car is overdue for his warrant.

  • Lonestar Resturant voucher valued at $150.00 for $110.00, also great timing as we want to take the MIL out for dinner next week before she heads off back home and we had mentioned Lonestar as a possibility.

  • A facial, massage & ritual treatment including blow wave valued at $188.00 for $100.00, and with Mothers Day just around the corner I am looking forward to that one.

I also received another compliment at the gala by my sons teacher from last year, commenting on how well I was looking and had done so far and to keep it up.

We have had Mince wraps both days over the weekend, as it was easy with the chilli already made and took minutes to prepare. Tonight the plan is for Chicken wraps.

P.S. – This time 9 years ago I was in a bit of pain, and still had 6 hours to go.

3 comments:

Lyn said...

kids parties shatter me too!! Hope you enjoy your beauty treatment :)

Chubbymum said...

I have my two kids birthdays (Oldest 9 days before mine and the youngest 20 days after) Birthdays shatter me too.

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

pointing the weigh said...

WOW!! talk about busy, sounds like you didn't have time to turn around, just think of all the bonus points/exercise...well done!

I would have enjoyed browsing around the shops after the party and sleepover...very relaxing after all the work.

I'll be back tomorrow

Hugs