Wednesday, 16 May 2007

how fast does a week go by?

Oh my the last week has been a blur, my head is just starting to come out through the fuzz and I can’t believe we are almost half way through this week already. Phew!!!!!!!

The week that was:


Wednesday: Popped out to the local Kmart to buy a Hydro Spa I saw advertised and thought it would be great for hubby for his birthday (he loves his baths and this turns your bath into a spa bath), then of course the Birthday girl opened her presents and as always was very spoilt.

Thursday: Weigh-in day and I lost 500g. Did my grocery shopping and wrapped hubby’s presents for Friday, not a very exciting day.

Friday: Hubby’s birthday, sent him off to work without any presents and told him he had to wait until he got home for work (and then told him he had to wait until after dinner).

Saturday: Had one car in the garage for a WOF, and while that was being done hubby and I drove into town to buy me my Mothers Day Present (a cool pink Razr cellphone) – trouble is I can’t bring it out until this Sunday after my MIL has gone back home as at Xmas when my last cellphone died she gave me one of hers (as she had brought two over with the intention of giving me one) but it wouldn’t of been my choice, so once she has left I will be pulling the new phone out. Rest of the day was pretty uneventful.

Sunday: Mothers Day – I got an awesome multi coloured scarf I saw in Just Jeans – the drawback of working in the centre of town and having to pop out somewhere at lunch time. Transferred the last 8 months of photo’s onto my laptop to sort through and print out, haven’t looked through yet, and not really looking forward to seeing the early ones of myself from back then. And Jordyn had her birthday party in the afternoon, which was held at a scrapbooking place in Wellington, she had eight little friends and they did scrap canvas’s. It was awesome, this is Jordyn’s:


Monday: Hubby was off over the Wairarapa for work for the night (team building thing). I went off to work, had yummy sushi for lunch, kids finished school early at 1pm for a paid teachers union meeting, Connor’s class had swimming in the afternoon so they still went and I had to go back at 3pm for him. I then had a hair appointment for a cut and colour, boy that felt better. Easy dinner and then we watched a British documentary called ‘the truth about size zero’, where a British celebrity who was a British size 8 was going on a strict regime to become an American size 0 (British size 4) in 4 weeks. She made it but her BMI had dropped to 17.6, seriously underweight. We then watched ‘the Life of David Gale’, I had seen this before but thought MIL might enjoy it, good story line. Oh and I got another compliment from a lady at work today.

Tuesday: Another uneventful day, hubby was back home, watched the finale of Survivor and had a cruisy night.

Wednesday: The world is almost back to normal. Phew. Now if only we could get the internet connection (browsing) to work properly…it is shocking, and that’s when it works, which in the evenings isn’t very often at all, hubby spent 55 minutes on hold with Slingshot last night and then at 10pm got cut off as there helpline closed for the night. He was not a happy man and I was fuming, he was actually going to tell them to cancel our account and move off to somewhere else, the downside, having to change my email address everywhere again, I just hate that.
Just making dinner at the moment, usual Wednesday night feast, Sweet Thai Chilli, Rice, Kumara and Carrots with Yorkshire Puddings, YUM, YUM, YUM. Having been feeling really picky lately with food and I hate it but feel a little out of control. Tonight I had a couple of WW chocolate Chip cookies, then some beef jerky and although I wasn’t hungry I then went looking for something else….found a “mad about chocolate crème egg” which I proceeded to take to the computer, sat down, started to rip the foil off and then thought “what am I doing?”, Chocolate is a downfall and if I did it today it will lead to more tomorrow and the next day until I was back into my old habits of having half a dozen chocolate freddo’s after school. So I put it back in the fridge and went and got a small bag of popcorn, it was light and buttery and now all I can taste is a thick layer of butter all over my lips, that was only worth 1 point so not too bad, I was very proud of myself for putting it back but a little concerned to why I am suddenly feeling so peckish, TOM due next week but I haven’t been through this for ages.

Tomorrow night we are off to the Lonestar Restaurant for dinner, as the MIL is leaving on Sunday and this will be the first meal we have have out in the six months since she has been here, and we haven't had any takeaways.

Well better get this published, I have hopefully learnt a lesson here about leaving an update for so long, I am sure I have forgotten so much.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I was only talking about Lonestar last week with a few friends who have been and really rate it.
They said the meals are a decent size and the atmosphere was great but hubby said he'd heard it was a bit pricey? Would love your feedback once your've been.

I am such a sushi girl myself and just can't get enough of the stuff (low in points too - bonus!).

Rachel said...

P.S. In response to your question about where I'm going in OZ, I am off to Evan's Head in NSW. It is at the top of NSW and I think the closest town is Ballina?
I am an Aussie girl (born and breed) but have lived in NZ for 19 years, I originally came from Liverpool in Sydney. Mum moved back there when she remarried but hated Sydney so decided to go to a little fishing village which she just loves.