Wednesday, 9 May 2007

and now my baby turns 7

This is my girl...she knows what she wants and what she is prepared to do. She refused to ever sit in her pram again since she was 18 months, has chosen exactly what it is she wants to wear since being in kindy and hasn’t seemed to stop ever since her very speedy delivery 7 years ago today for which I couldn’t even make it to the hospital for. Yes, she was born at home in my bed, and when she was 5 minutes old the ambulance rang to say they just couldn’t find our street as it wasn’t on the map (the street was at least 2 years old as well).
I had had a dream in early April that I had delivered the baby and although I didn’t see the baby in my dream I saw the hospital card with all the birth information and the one thing that stuck in my head was 24th April, so I thought I had better tell my midwife cause if she did make her entrance that day who would believe me that I had seen the date in my dream. At the time she was born (6 days overdue I might add, no where near the 24th April) my midwife looked at the clock and told me to look at the time, she had been born at 4:24am…and I would never even have picked that up.

Yesterday morning trying to wake miss 6 up I told her it was her Birthday Eve, Master just turned 9 asked me what that was, ‘there’s no such thing’ he said, I said ‘yes just like Christmas Eve and News Years Eve this is the day before her birthday, therefore Birthday Eve’, to which he turned round to me with a big smile on his face and said ‘so today is my Birthday Boxing Day’. Thankfully that didn’t mean we had to rush out to all the sales.

3 comments:

Lyn said...

LOL at the Birthday Boxing Day comment!! They say the cutest things dont they??

pointing the weigh said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR LITTLIES!

All that birthday cake....just too much temptation.

Hugs

Rachel said...

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the comment on my blog, lovely to meet you.

We must meet up for a coffee.

You are doing really well on WW and will be at your goal weight in no time.

I loved the Notebook and cried my eyes out, can't wait for the Time Travellers Wife to come out.